Monday, March 16, 2009

Track and Field updated

Okay blog followers. Here are the first week pics from Track and Field classes.They began by running lots of relay races, sometimes running, sometimes skipping or hopping. K tried really hard to come in first every time. (I see a competitive spirit in her.)
Then they learned the finer points of the standing long jump.She did very well... it brought back fond memories for me. I loved the long jump when I was in track.


On to week two...

Here are a few shots of Track and Field training held every Saturday at the YMCA. We help set up the "hurdles" so the kids can run a race.



While big sis practices throwing a javelin. She is really quite good. She threw the farthest in her group.




Here she is running the hurdles race. There is another kid racing off to her left. She beat him a couple times.

Okay until next time.
Love and.... (wait for it, wait for it.)
Hurdles (heehee that one is for you Jessy)












3 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Ah, I was waiting for you to end this one: Love and hurdles. You are so creative with your writing. hehe. Looks like you have a true athlete on your hands!! What an active, talented little girl.

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Ah, thank you for helping me start my day on the right note ;)...happy Wednesday to you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these Honey, not just these, but all the posts. I read them and re-read them, smiling and laughing the whole time. Wonderful.