Saturday, March 6, 2010

day 65

This is my photo of the day. I got a new purse camera a few days ago and have been playing around with it just to get a feel for it. I surprised myself with this distorted view of the big dog. I loved it right away and knew it was going to be today's photo. (I think I'm going to love this camera for carrying around.)
But I also wanted to share with you a snapshot of tonight's supper... Oh my goodness you should have tasted it. It was so delicious! I felt like I was at an expensive restaurant eating a $9.00 'bowl of soup and sandwich' combo.
DH tried a new recipe tonight for Carrot Ginger Soup. Here is a link for the soup.... www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/all-american-festivals/ginger-carrot-soup-recipe/index.html

I made the gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches. The recipe for them is simple as well.
3oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
8 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 slices provolone
8 slices good french bread
olive oil to brush on bread (you can use a good dipping oil if you like extra flavor)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush bottoms of 4 slices of bread with olive oil arrange oil side down on your baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix the first four ingredients; spread mixture evenly on the bread on baking sheet. Top each bread piece with a slice of provolone then the remaining 4 slices of bread. Brush tops of bread with oil. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melty and sandwiches are golden in color.

Love and gourmet cooking at home
(Out of this world yummy)

No comments: