Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our special project


You know we've been trying to keep us busy. I like to plan things that we can do together. Well my mom came up with this idea, so she helped with this project. We bought several yards of costume satin, and cut them into strips. Then Mom serged them on her machine and we tied them on our trees. We have one on each tree in our yard. Mom has one, T and L took one for their front yard too... and we have extra for family and friends who may want to "tie one on". We just want you to know we are thinking of you.
Love and yellow ribbons.

4 comments:

GD said...

Hi Joel,

Your brother, John, told me about your family's blog and asked me to leave you a comment. You may not remember me...you will have to think w-a-y back to elementary school! :)

He, also, told me a bit about what you all have been doing the past few decades. I've never forgotten you all! Your family looks lovely and everyone seems to be doing well!

Drop me a note sometime and I we can catch up.

Take care while you are in Iraq. God bless you and your family!

Hugs,
Glenys Dukes

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

I love this. What a great idea to stash away for when our day comes...
Thinking of you Joel, Sheila & munchkins.

John said...

Hey Kate, will you send me a yellow ribbon? I only have one tree, it's a little lemon tree on my patio, but that will work. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm usually not very emotional, but this really got to me. Not sure what to say except thank you. I'm a lucky guy.