Friday, January 1, 2010

The beginning of 2010

I have no real resolutions... more like goals. I have a friend (shout out to you Jessy!) who took a picture a day for 2009 and posted them on her blog. I was inspired by her. It seems like a monumental task to undertake, but I think it would be so worth it. I mean you would have to learn something from that right? I had also heard of a guy (don't know who, I just saw his work on the Internet) who had taken a sky shot every day of the year. Many of the shots were from his own yard, but just as interesting were the shots he took while traveling. I'm not usually drawn to sky-scapes as a rule but the collective captures were pretty interesting. I may try a variation of this along with 'photo a day'. I am excited/scared by this for many reasons the biggest one being the recent slump... What if I experience 'no inspiration' during this undertaking? I'm hoping this task will force me to work through any problems quicker than if I had no goal. I'm off to shoot the first shots of the new year. Wish me luck.
Love, Peace and Joy to you all for the new year.

2 comments:

Jessy, Greg, Grace, Jack, Nora, and Lexi said...

Yay! You have no idea how excited I am to see you posting again! I've missed your perspective. You will do awesome at your daily project. Some days are so un-inspiring, but those days force you to look at those same-old-ordinary moments in a whole new way! For that simple reason the project is totally worth it. Plus, it helps when you are trying to remember what you did on a certain date or when exactly something happened...just look back through your archives. ;)
I found this site a week ago: http://www.photochallenge.org/
I wish I would have found it sooner. It would have been very helpful.
Ok, enough rambling. Good luck. I'm super excited for you. :)

Sheila Sutton Photography Studio said...

Thanks Jessy! I was hoping that I hadn't lost 'my peeps' by taking such a long break. I am excited for this project, I think it will help me to improve my skills. Oh and thanks for the site link, I think it is going to be helpful. I hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Years.
Love,
Me