Monday, January 25, 2010

day 25 cookie day

I felt like making some cookies today, so I searched for a new recipe. These are "Healthy Banana Cookies" My DD made these all on her own, she did a great job! They are super easy and here is the recipe...

3 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chopped dates
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl mash the bananas; then stir in oats, dates, oil and vanilla. Mix well and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes in a preheated oven or until golden brown. We didn't have dates, so we substituted raisins and mini chocolate chips. We all love them a lot. I can't wait to try them with dates next time.


Then I made our family favorite standard chocolate chip cookies. I will only use butter in these cookies. Can't you almost see the 1/2 pound of butter in them? (Paula Deen would be so proud!)
Love and Sweets

No comments: